Software Architect for Coherent, Tampere
Software Architect, join the laser leader!
Software Architect for Coherent
Are you eager to join a laser technology company that creates solutions for a greener future? Do you want to share your technical expertise and participate in projects where new products are developed? We are now looking for a Software Architect to join our R&D-team in Tampere.
Work as a Software Architect
As a Software Architect at Coherent you will get to work with a wide range of tasks within software architecture and software development. Your main responsibility is to maintain, design and develop software for laser systems together with our hardware designers. You will participate in and/or manage projects where new products are developed and existing products enhanced. You will ensure that we find the best solutions for our customers and that we are always working with the current trends of the market.
An important part of your role is also to develop and maintain programming processes and our ways of working. In addition to this, you will get the opportunity to participate in interesting R&D-projects some of which are international. You are also responsible for guiding our outsourced partners and subcontractors.
Are you the one we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced software architect with several years of experience in e.g. software architecture, software project management or software design. We expect you to have experience in a variety of embedded software and their applications as well as hardware. You are familiar with modern programming languages and software development tools.
A suitable educational background for this position is for example a Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in IT/Technology/Software engineering.
Good written and verbal communication skills and the willingness to develop both our processes and ways of working will help you to succeed in this role. As a person you are open-minded and you have an innovative, analytical and a systematic way of working. Our laser technology is unique, and we will gladly provide you with training once you join us.
Why choose Coherent?
“ I am especially proud of being able to work in the field that requires special expertise. I am part of the technology of the future “
Our employee, 8/2021
From challenges to solutions
Above all, Coherent creates solutions. Our highly skilled experts search laser applications without prejudice and with courage to solve the needs of our customers - now and in the future.
Laser solutions are the future. We are constantly finding new ways to utilize the laser technology and provide solutions for our customers operating in various fields. Coherent is a unique provider of laser solutions and we offer personalized solutions.
Freedom creates space for creativity
The work we do at Coherent requires innovation. We encourage ownership and provide our experts the freedom and space to innovate. Rather than being afraid of mistakes we support innovation in developing the solutions of the future. Flexible working methods are the base for our success.
Working towards a sustainable working life
We want to offer an open, equal, and transparent working environment, where no one is left alone. We cherish collaboration, innovation and professional development and provide a cozy atmosphere where we all work together towards a sustainable working life.
Local community with the benefits of a global organization
Coherent is a well-established organization. With us you can grow as a professional and build your career. As a global high-growth company we can offer our employees career paths up to management positions. At the same time, our local Business Unit offers you a homely working environment, where the challenges are tackled together.
General information about the role
- The starting time for this position can be negotiated when the right person has been selected.
- Your workplace is located in Rusko, Tampere. You can also work partially remotely (around 2 days per week minimum at the office in Tampere).
- The language requirement for this position is English. Finnish language skills are an advantage, but not mandatory.
- The salary is based on overall competence, educational background and previous experience. In addition to that, we reward our employees for good performance according to the Group’s bonus program.
- At the moment, our employee benefits include occupational healthcare, health insurance, Smartum benefits (sport/wellbeing/culture) and you also get to use the gym and charge your electric car at our office in Rusko.
Interested in joining our team?
To submit your application for this position, click the apply-button and leave your application no later than 13.11. Note that the application must be submitted through the recruitment system. We start reviewing the applications and interviewing already during the application period. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
The recruitment is done in collaboration with Choice HR. For additional information you may contact Laura Vesa from Choice (tel. +35850 305 1945, firstname.lastname@example.org) from Monday to Friday between 9 and 16.
Coherent is one of the world’s leading providers of lasers and laser-based technology for scientific, commercial, and industrial customers. Unique and high-quality products and solutions we have designed with the leading expertise of our field are used all around the world to respond to the increasing requirements of our customers. In Finland our operations are located in Tampere, the Center of Excellence for Fiber Lasers.
The employees are our most important asset whose development and wellbeing is a top priority for us. We are a solution-oriented, reliable, and innovative community, where everyone is respected and heard. We are a team of professionals eager to tackle new challenges, create, develop, and succeed together. Join the laser leader!
More information about us in Finnish on our career site: https://careers.choicehr.fi/pages/coherent
It- ja ohjelmistoalan työpaikat
- Tecinspire Oy - Etsimme jatkuvasti Angular- ja Flutter-kehittäjiä Ouluun
- Rekrytointi.com - Tietoturva-asiantuntija Digitaaliset ratkaisut -liiketoiminta-alueelle
- Rekrytointi.com - Data Steward
- Codemate - Business Developer
- Rekrytointi.com - ICT-PROJEKTIPÄÄLLIKKÖ, Keusoten tietohallinto
- Rekrytointi.com - Sovelluskehittäjiä Smart City -ratkaisujen pariin
- Efima Oyj - Technical Commerce Consultant, Microsoft Dynamics
Premium-asiakkaiden viimeisimmät referenssit
- Tecinspire Oy - Lukemiseen motivoiva pelillistetty sovellus nuorille
- Verkkovaraani Oy - Saavutettava verkkosivusto Salpakeskukselle
- MeKiwi Oy - Case LeaderMind AIMO ohjelmisto ja verkkosivusto
- Gredi Oy - Julkaisuautomaatiolla tehoa ja nopeutta toistuvaan tarjousmarkkinointiin
- Ambientia - Sipoo valjasti palvelutietovarannon nettisivujensa moottoriksi
- Ambientia - Demokratian järjestelmäpäivitys – case Oikeusrekisterikeskus
- HiQ Finland Oy - HiQ modernisoi Visit Levin digitaalisen ekosysteemin
Tapahtumat & webinaarit
- 29.11.2022 - Webinaari: Näin huomioit liiketoiminnan vaatimukset sovellusten modernisoinnissa
- 01.12.2022 - Webinaari: Data storytelling – ota kaikki irti organisaation tietovarannoista
- 01.12.2022 - Tehden-webinaari: Näin nopeutat inventointia ja parannat toimitusvarmuutta
- 08.12.2022 - CIO Talk osa 4. Hallittu, ketterä ja tietoturvallinen pilvi – trendisanoista arjen IT-johtamiseen
- 08.12.2022 - Webinaari: Verkkoanalytiikka, jota johtoryhmäkin ymmärtää. – Miten strategisia tavoitteita mitataan käytännössä verkkopalveluissa?
- 13.12.2022 - Webinaari 13.12.2022: Miten hyödynnät XR-teknologioita liiketoiminnassasi?
- 17.01.2023 - Leading SAFe® – How to deliver value at scale?
Premium-asiakkaiden viimeisimmät bloggaukset
- Vaimo Finland Oy - Huippuluokan tuotekokemukset vuonna 2023
- Monitor ERP System Finland AB - Ihmiset Monitorin takana - Kosti Naukkarinen
- Monitor ERP System Finland AB - Monitor ERP System Finland on mukana Konepajamessuilla 29.11.–1.12.2022 Tampereella
- Efima Oyj - Ratkaisukonsultti vinkkaa: tavaratoimituksien tiedot löytyvät jatkossa Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Managementin varastonhallinnon mobiilisovelluksesta
- Staria Oyj - NetSuite Day 2022 – International growth stories and NetSuite insights
- Rakettitiede Oy - Rakkaudesta lajiin ja rahan takii
- Monitor ERP System Finland AB - Ihmiset Monitorin takana - Simo Heikkinen
Digitalisaatio & innovaatiot blogimedia
Blogimediamme käsittelee tulevaisuuden liiketoimintaa, digitaalisia innovaatioita ja internet-ajan ilmiöitä