Pixels Helsinki: Web Developer
Type: Full-time, permanent
Location: Eerikinkatu 28, 4th floor, 00180 Helsinki
Application DL: 5.9.2021
Pixels story began in 2017. It is a design-focused web-development company based in Helsinki that is fully owned and operated by its founders and employees. Pixels creates Websites, Online Stores and Applications which are simple to use and stand out from the crowd, but won’t cause any grey hair to maintain. Pixels clients range from boutique businesses to large multinational companies and they have designed and developed technically advanced WordPress Websites, WooCommerce Online Stores and Web Applications for organisations of all shapes and sizes. Pixels currently employs a team of 10+ people and their international team has a mixture of cultures and backgrounds. Now they are looking for you to join their outgoing, outspoken, sarcastic and honest team as a Web Developer.
Pixels Helsinki is currently looking for a Mid to Senior level Web Developer to join their close-knit international and outgoing team. As a Web Developer at Pixels you’ll be working in a well managed team of developers, which is coached by a Lead Developer. You’ll be creating outstanding digital user experiences for Pixels clients and Pixels own internal projects together with other developers. In this position your daily tasks include not only programming, but also reviewing your colleagues’ work, contributing to the improvement of Pixels internal tools and development processes, and supporting the design team with technical advice. You will also get a chance to share your expertise and experience in this position and act as a mentor to the less experienced developers if you are willing to do that and have enough experience for it.
At Pixels the developers usually meet each other weekly and work on projects in pairs, so that you’ll always have people to bounce ideas with and come up with the best end results. While the clients and their needs are varying, you’ll get to challenge your skills in different projects and in creating the best possible solutions for clients' needs. At Pixels the Website and Online Stores are usually made with WordPress and the web applications are commonly React or Node based. Pixels also has a number of Headless WordPress projects using a Next.js based frontend, and they are working to move towards this direction with Website projects (and eventually Online Stores) in the future. Their projects also often involve integrations which tend to be PHP based.
An Ideal candidate for Pixels would be a logical and humorous person with fluent english skills. An ideal candidate would also have at least several years of work life experience and earlier experience from client projects. An ideal candidate would also be able to work both independently and as part of a team. To Pixels it is also important that you would be flexible and willing to commit.
Pixels hopes that you are able to start working as soon as possible. In this position you can work almost entirely remotely, but you'll need to be able to commute to Pixels office in Helsinki every now and then for meetings and team events (once Covid19 clears). Depending on your background the salary range for this position is 3000 – 4500 € / month.
Pixels Helsinki offers you:
- A permanent position in a growing and developing multinational company
- The possibility to join in as a partner and shareholder
- The freedom to shape and develop your own role
- The possibility to create the best solutions from the beginning
- Flexible working hours and the possibility for remote working
- A relaxing office space in Kamppi
- A super friendly and low hierarchical environment and colleagues who will grow to be your extended family (it's true!)
- Healthcare through Heltti
- Smartum culture & exercise benefits
- Company lunches, trips and team-building events on a regular basis
Pixels Helsinki hopes that you (don’t worry, they don’t expect you to fulfill all of these):
- Have at least several years of work life experience and earlier experience from client projects.
- You’re already familiar with technologies such as WordPress, React, Next.js and Express and methodologies like object-oriented programming (for PHP) and unit testing (Jest, PHPUnit etc)
- Have previous experience on version control with Git and dependency management with yarn and composer
- Are a talented team player with great collaboration skills and you enjoy working in a team environment but you’re also capable of working independently
- Have a great sense of humor and strong problem solving skills
- Are fully proficient in English, Finnish language skills are considered as an asset
Think you’d fit the team? Please submit your CV or share your LinkedIn-profile and optional motivation letter by the latest 5th of September via our application system here: https://emp.jobylon.com/applications/jobs/93224/create/. Please also mention your salary request and the earliest possible starting date in your application documents. Remember to use the application system, we do not accept applications by email.
You can familiarize yourself with Pixels here: https://pixels.fi/en/. For more information about the recruitment process contact aTalent’s Recruitment Manager Anni Nurmi (+358 50 304 2987, anni.nurmi(at)atalent.fi). Best times to contact are: 26th of August at 10-11 o’clock and 31st of August at 15-16 o’clock.
In this position you will be employed directly to Pixels.
|Hakuaika:||23.8.2021 - 5.9.2021|
It- ja ohjelmistoalan työpaikat
- Epec Oy - Ohjelmistosuunnittelijoita
- Epec Oy - Elektroniikkasuunnittelijoita
- Rekrytointi.com - Software Developers
- Rekrytointi.com - IT Business Partner / Group
- Epec Oy - Projektipäällikkö
- Rekrytointi.com - PHP-osaaja
- Rekrytointi.com - Softwareentwickler für CPQ-Anwendungen – Remote
Premium-asiakkaiden viimeisimmät referenssit
- Vincit - Kalmar – konttiviidakon konfiguraatiot hallintaan
- Taito United Oy - Intuitiivinen ja käyttäjäystävällinen verkkopalvelu
- Taito United Oy - Syväoppimisen avulla helpompaa veneilyä
- Taito United Oy - Kilpailuta taksisi puhelimella
- Taito United Oy - Palvelumuotoilulla kestävämpää matkailua
- Taito United Oy - Applikaatio tähän päivään
- Taito United Oy - Jätelogistiikan hiilijalanjälki näkyväksi
Tapahtumat & webinaarit
- 20.05.2022 - Toiminnanohjauksen pilviaamu
- 20.05.2022 - Cloud Compliance and Security for EU-based organisations: How can you stay compliant in the cloud?
- 24.05.2022 - User Group Business Central – Miksi ja miten siirtyä Microsoftin pilveen 24.5.2022
- 24.05.2022 - Laitehakkerointi | Upload
- 25.05.2022 - Webinaari: Asiakasymmärryksen kasvattaminen ja asiakaskokemuksen parantaminen teollisuusyrityksessä
- 30.05.2022 - SIAM™ Foundation
- 31.05.2022 - Luohi prosessit ja automatisoi tekoälyllä
Premium-asiakkaiden viimeisimmät bloggaukset
- Quriiri - Miten yritykset hyödyntävät tekstiviestiä asiakasviestinnässä?
- Vincit - Backlogien hallinnasta
- Vincit - Tiimit, kohtaamiset ja tunteet eturiviin – Vincitin vinkit työnteon uudelleen muotoiluun
- Eventilla Oy - Näin vähennät virtuaalitapahtumien no-showta!
- Monitor ERP System Finland AB - Juha Kalliola - toiminnanohjausjärjestelmien myyntisensei
- Staria Oyj - NetSuite 2022.1 release overview – new features and enhancements
- Invenco Oy - Jedox-budjetointi- ja suunnitteluratkaisu täydentää Microsoft Dynamics 365 -toiminnanohjausjärjestelmän täydellisesti
Digitalisaatio & innovaatiot blogimedia
Blogimediamme käsittelee tulevaisuuden liiketoimintaa, digitaalisia innovaatioita ja internet-ajan ilmiöitä