ML / Data Engineer / Developer
Are you a developer / engineer with machine learning and data engineering experience, and are looking to jump into the world of Google Cloud technologies? We are looking for a data engineer / developer with a make-it-happen mindset to join our Gapps Solutions team!
In your role you will be developing data, machine learning and backend solutions for our existing and new customers in development projects or working as a consultant.
We are open to various previous experiences: you could be a data scientist wanting to become a developer as well; or have long experience in development but have some background in machine learning and want to move towards this area; or something in the middle.
This is your chance to be part of the growing Google Cloud Platform business. We are quick learners, love prototype-driven development and want to be worth our customers’ trust. Gapps is full of happy and curious Google Cloud experts and developers always looking for new ways of working.
Why join Gapps?
Gapps exists to empower people with freedom, flexibility and new capabilities in their digital work and business. We strive to help us and our customers be competitive and agile in an ever-changing world.
Gapps’ core values are continuous learning & innovation, community, and trust. To see how our values manifest themselves in practice and what it means to be a Gappsian, check out our Gapps Culture Handbook.
And how happy a bunch are we really? Our HappyOrNot employee satisfaction score was 97/100 in March 2019.
In Gapps, you are accompanied by a helpful and highly competent group of specialists that are unified by their interest in technology, and their willingness to innovatively utilise newest technologies and solutions for the development of better work, business, collaboration, and communication. Happeo, a digital workplace environment, is a demonstration of our innovativeness. Happeo was developed in Gapps and is now its own international startup company whose growth is fueled by multi-million euro funding. We aim to produce another big SaaS solution in Gapps by the end of 2020.
Qualifications for ML / Data Engineer / Developer
We are constantly learning and trying out new solutions, and we wish you to have a positive and open-minded attitude towards new ideas and learning. At Gapps we give people a lot of freedom, and in return expect a make-it-happen attitude and carrying of responsibility independently.
We expect you to have the following skills:
- Strong skills in backend developing / engineering (minimum of 3 years)
- Interested in machine learning area
- Knowledge how SQL and NoSQL works
- REST API understanding
In addition, if a few of these items you have experience with or possess, that will be a big plus:
- Using machine learning in projects
- Agile methodologies
- Working with cloud platforms (infrastructure, storage, platforms and/or data)
- Google Cloud Platform products experience (Bigquery, Pub/Sub, Dataflow, App Engine, ML Engine, Dataprep, Datalab, Cloud ML Engine, Bigtable, Cloud Storage)
- Google Cloud Certifications (Google Cloud Data Engineer, Google Cloud Developer, Google Cloud Architect)
- Tensorflow, Apache Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Kafka and other tools for distributed ML and Data Engineering.
- CI/CD tools and processes
- Containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- A degree or studies on data & analytics and machine learning
Inquiries, and how to apply
You can apply for the position in here.
More about Gapps
To all recruitment agencies: Gapps does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, recruiters, Gapps employees or any other organisation location. Gapps is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
|Tuotekehitys ja suunnittelu|
|Pilvipalvelut / SaaS|
|Tekoäly (AI) ja koneoppiminen|