Sundbyberg Municipality saves time and money and gains more visibility with the Frends integration platform
Sundbyberg Municipality is a municipality in Stockholm County in east central Sweden, just north of the capital Stockholm. The municipality needed to get control over its integrations and gain transparency and visibility into their system and processes.
With the Frends integration platform, the municipality can now access the integration system and perform the tasks directly themselves that were previously impossible – increasing their knowledge level and saving time and money for every stakeholder involved. Sundbyberg Municipality also appreciated that Frends was able to provide them with ready-made integration process templates that were easy to replicate.
"Frends was very keen on letting us try their solution, which was very helpful. They also showed us two different integration use cases they could solve, which we could immediately implement in our production," says Richard Nergell, IT Operations Manager at Sundbyberg Municipality.
"Frends platform is straightforward, smooth, and flexible to work with. Even though it now takes time to move integrations to run via Frends, we know it will be cost-effective in the long run," Richard Nergell, IT Operations Manager at Sundbyberg Municipality.
The municipality needs several software systems to meet employees' and residents' needs. But streamlining integrations between these systems can be a problem. Before adopting Frends iPaaS, Sundbyberg Municipality used a supplier that helped them – but without providing any transparency and visibility into the integration system.
The processes were also slow, expensive, and resource-demanding. Sundbyberg had to create direct, point-to-point integrations between different systems that eventually led them to realize that they needed an Integration Platform as a Service solution – which they found in Frends iPaaS.
As it is today, Sundbyberg Municipality has mainly two large systems that most integrations derive from, one to serve the schooling system and the other to serve personnel and administration in the municipality. Frends' first large assignment with Sundbyberg was a Google integration in the student system. Lars Petersson, IT Infrastructure Architect at Sundbyberg Municipality, explains:
– Previously, we had to run all students' records via our AD (Active Directory) and manually take out information from one system, create accounts and integrate with Google. Now, Frends does all of that for us. We have been able to maintain the up-to-date accuracy of data proactively. We deleted 5000-6000 accounts and saved a lot of money and resources on account management for the school.
One main difference between Sundbyberg's previous integration system and the current Frends iPaaS is the error reporting capability: As soon as something isn't running as it should, the system alarms and sends a message with information to our team, Richard and Lars, who can act quickly on it. The team at Sundbyberg was also pleased with how easy it was to learn and get on-boarded into using the Frends platform:
– Even if we're not specialists in Frends, we still have access to the system and can perform simple tasks. Process management is easy to understand, where you quickly see what you do, so we can learn more and try out different things ourselves. Frends platform has three different environments – development, test, and production which are helpful as well because it's effortless and smooth to build something and then test it, Lars says and continues:
– It is also crucial for us that it is GDPR compliant, which the Frends platform is. We don't want to send our data outside Sweden, so us having the agents here internally is very good. And not just from an IT security perspective. It also simplifies the process of delivering data to other systems when we have it internally instead of somewhere in the cloud.
Sundbyberg Municipality is still in the process of removing old integrations from their previous systems, but some are already moved, and all new integrations will be running via Frends.
– Eventually, we want to run this ourselves. But we're not there quite yet, and in the meantime, Frends is a great helping hand, and we will use their support for all integrations in the future. Unlike many other platforms, you don't have to pay per integration or API call with Frends. Instead, we pay per platform each month with our integrations included, which is very useful, as far as budgeting concerns, Richard says and continues:
"We've only scraped the surface of what Frends has to offer. There are many other exciting features, such as RPA (Robotic Process Automation) technologies in their platform, that we haven't explored yet, which definitely can be interesting in the future."
With the help of Frends, Sundbyberg municipality has been able to:
- Automate processes
- Get control over all their migrated integrations
- Free up time and money in terms of account and record management
Frends platform is straightforward, smooth, and flexible to work with. Even though it now takes time to move integrations to run via Frends, we know it will be cost-effective in the long run.
Richard Nergell, IT Operations Manager at Sundbyberg Municipality
Frends iPaaS - Asiantuntijat ja yhteyshenkilöt
|Country Manager FI / Head of Frends / Senior Vice President (SVP)|
Frends iPaaS - Muita referenssejä
ReferenssiOrion, a globally operating Finnish pharmaceutical company, ensured scalability and continuity with Frends iPaaS.
Business Goals Orion is a globally operating Finnish pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures, and markets human and Lue lisää..
ReferenssiNurminen Logistics moved 100% of integrations to Frends iPaaS
Business Goals Nurminen Logistics, founded in 1886, offers high-quality logistics services, such as environmentally friendly Lue lisää..
ReferenssiOtava expanded the use of the Frends integration platform throughout all business units and finance-related process
Business Goals Otava Group is a private, independent, and financially sound media corporation that ranks third among graphic Lue lisää..
ReferenssiSecto Automotive started using Frends in 2019, and since then, the adoption and usage of the platform have only been growing deeper
Secto started using Frends in 2019, and since then, the adoption and usage of the platform have only been growing deeper. With Lue lisää..
Frends iPaaS - Muita bloggauksia
BloggausFrendsille tunnustusta 2023 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ -tutkimuksessa!
Frends on saanut tunnustusta kansainvälisessä 2023 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ -tutkimuksessa, Integration Platform as a Lue lisää..
VideoFrends Product Demo – what is it, why does it matter, and what to expect?
What is a Demo? Usually, a demo meeting with Frends for a potential customer is an interactive session consisting of a user Lue lisää..
BloggausFrends iPaaS Becomes a Leader in the Europe Regional Grid® Report for iPaaS | Winter 2023 by G2 Vendor Portal
Frends iPaaS made it to the Leader Product Quadrant in the Europe Regional Grid® Report for iPaaS. Frends has been "rated highly Lue lisää..
It- ja ohjelmistoalan työpaikat
- Rekrytointi.com - Senior Data Engineer
- Rekrytointi.com - ICT System Specialist, Espoo tai Tampere
- Rekrytointi.com - SW Team Lead
- Rekrytointi.com - SW Team Lead
- Rekrytointi.com - Ohjelmistokehittäjä
- Trivore Oy - Developer
- Rekrytointi.com - Data Scientist
Premium-asiakkaiden viimeisimmät referenssit
- Elinar - Analyysitodistusten käsittelyprosessin automatisointi vastaanotosta lähetykseen saakka syväoppivan tekoälyn avulla
- Verkkovaraani Oy - Muovi kuuluu kiertoon -sivujen siirto WordPressiin
- Adafy Oy - Adafyltä ohjelmistokehittäjiä ja teknologiaosaamista Jydacomin tarpeisiin
- Adafy Oy - Adafy Steerpropin kehityskumppaniksi: Innovatiiviset propulsioratkaisut yhdistettynä innovatiiviseen digitaaliseen kehittämiseen
- Adafy Oy - Junttan valitsi integraatiokumppanikseen Adafyn
- Ceon Oy - Paransimme Rakennuttaminen-tapahtuman ohjelmasivujen käytettävyyttä
- Maxtech - Monipuoliset työnhallinnan ratkaisut kehittivät entisestään Siklan tiedolla johtamista
Tapahtumat & webinaarit
- 12.04.2023 - Webinaari: Tarvitseeko talousosasto erillisen BI-ratkaisun?
- 23.05.2023 - Laitehakkerointi
- 23.05.2023 - Toiminnanohjauksen pilviaamu: Toimitusketjun hallinta muuttuvassa maailmassa
Premium-asiakkaiden viimeisimmät bloggaukset
- Staria Oyj - Staria palkittiin: NetSuite Partner of the Year – Most New Logos (Western Europe)
- Staria Oyj - Staria vahvistaa asemaansa Euroopan johtavana NetSuite-kumppanina – Ostaa merkittävän ruotsalaisen NetSuite-kumppani Suitespot AB:n
- Efima Oyj - Rutiineja rakastava robottiassistentti automatisoi asiakaspalvelijan työpöydän
- Altoros Finland Oy - Flutter - mobiiliohjelmisto alustojen tuore tulokas
- Monitor ERP System Finland AB - SP stainless otti käyttöön Monitor ERP-järjestelmän
- Monitor ERP System Finland AB - Mitä sinun on tiedettävä ennen ERP-järjestelmän valitsemista
- Efima Oyj - Maailmantilanne uudelleenjärjestää talousjohtajan työpöydän – kohti strategisempaa talousjohtajuutta
Digitalisaatio & innovaatiot blogimedia
Blogimediamme käsittelee tulevaisuuden liiketoimintaa, digitaalisia innovaatioita ja internet-ajan ilmiöitä