Senior IT Infrastructure Specialist – Skype for Business and Enterprise Voice / Sulzer Pumps Finland Oy
Sulzer is a well-established global manufacturing corporation offering reliable and sustainable solutions for performance-critical applications. Our innovative solutions add value and strengthen the competitive position of our customers. Our IT consists of 300 professionals world-wide.
Senior IT Infrastructure Specialist – Skype for Business and Enterprise Voice
Your job will be a Senior IT Infrastructure Specialist for Sulzer’s Skype for Business and Enterprise Voice environment. In this role, you will ensure reliable operations, support and development in Unified Communications and Enterprise Voice platforms. You will report directly to the Head of Enterprise Platforms, Center of Excellence.
You are part of Sulzer Group IT’s Enterprise Platforms team. You have very good knowledge and experience of Skype for Business (former Lync, new Teams) including Enterprise Voice with Gateways like from AudioCodes. You will work closely with other CoE Enterprise Platforms team, which is responsible of Sulzer AD, Exchange, Skype, Enterprise Voice and O365 environments, their development and 3rd level support.
You will collaborate and work closely together with other Center of Excellence Data Center, Client and Network teams. You need to support and provide necessary guidance to selected infrastructure projects. Your work will also include planning and managing smooth IT infrastructure changes together with your global team members.
Your Main Tasks and Responsibilities
As the Senior IT Infrastructure Specialist, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Follow-up closely industry trends and technology techniques to assure incorporation of “best practices” and “state-of-the-art” solutions together with your colleagues
- Evaluate and help to select new technology components for company’s IT infrastructure
- Develop and maintain standards and norms to ensure reliable services to the business
- Support Sulzer’s migration from legacy telephony services to new on premise and cloud based platform
- Participate in and/or lead troubleshooting exercises to resolve major operative issues, as they arise
- Participating in different development and migration projects where you collaborate with different infrastructure teams, Sulzer business and IT project organizations
- Assuring that environment documentation is up-to-date and assuring business continuity plans are being tested regularly
- We expect a profound education in Computer Science or similar field. Current Vendor Certifications, Microsoft (highly appreciated), AudioCodes (appreciated) and VoIP solutions like Cisco are highly valued
- Preferably in an international large scale environment in the area of Microsoft UC products an experience of at least either or both:
- minimum of 10 years of working experience as systems engineer qualifying
- minimum of 4 years of working experience in a senior role like an architect or similar with a good reference
- Very good knowledge of AD, Exchange and networking is required
- Good knowledge of cloud services like Microsoft Azure, O365 and their hybrid environment implementations including Skype for Business (Teams) Cloud PBX solutions
- Good PowerShell skills
- Strong hands-on experience and willingness in advanced troubleshooting
- Experienced project worker
- Knowledge of ITIL and DevOps principles and processes (certification not mandatory)
- Ability to collaborate with diversified team members located across the globe through projects, development, standardization, maintenance and last level support
- Ability to multitask under high stress
- Excellent communication, collaboration, partnering and facilitation skills
- Self-driven and proactive but able to respect and follow guidelines, regulations and standards
- International travel requirements: 5-10%
- Position is preferably based in Kotka, Finland but negotiable in Helsinki also.
- Fluent in English (oral, written). German and Finnish skill are a plus
In this exciting and challenging role, you will have the possibility to apply your existing knowledge and learn new skills in a dynamic global environment. You will become part of the leading engineering organization that successfully operates in more than 40 countries in the world. Together with your team you will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of the Group IT Organization at Sulzer. In your role, you will be supported by your colleagues, supervisor and through comprehensive product support from several vendors and selected consultants.
Matti Outinen, tel. +358 50 526 1243.
Best available on 21st and 28th of November during afternoon
We expect your application on www.sulzer.com/en/Careers/Job-Search by December 3rd, 2017 at the latest.